October 5, 2020-Page, AZ
|Diana and I at Horseshoe Bend|
It’s been a looooong time since the last post on this blog but Diana and I are on the road again!
Here is a quick update since the last post:
- We spent most of November and December, 2019 in Aubrey, TX. We spent time with Our daughter and her family at Christmas, followed through with all those doctor appointments for my broken knee and thumb, and had physical therapy on the messed up thumb. By the way, I accidentally pulled the pin out while drying off after a shower!
- The first few months of this year were spent hitting two national parks in NM and the two in TX.
- White Sands NP was just made a NP a month before we got there in January earlier this year. It’s 275 square miles of brilliantly WHITE gypsum that is called sand.
- Carlsbad Caverns NP is always startling! We walked down through the natural opening the first day and walked through all the caverns that were open to the public. The next day we took the elevator down to go on a guided tour with a ranger into some rooms that only be entered with a ranger. Carlsbad is hauntingly beautiful!
- Guadalupe Mountains NP is the highest point in TX at 9,000 feet and change above sea level.
- Big Bend NP was our home for about a week and it’s desert hiking galore! Here’s a pic of Santa Elena Canton with walls 1500 ft above the Rio Grande. The left side of this pic is Mexico while the right is the US.
|Santa Elena Canyon at Big Bend NP|
|2 deer wandering near our camper in CO|
Post a Comment