Sunday, September 8th-How Many National Parks?
It’s been raining off and on today so we took it easy around the camper. We went to dinner tonight in Hinton, Alberta. Guess where? Mr. Mike’s Casual Steaks! Anyway, we were sitting here this afternoon plotting our strategy for tomorrow when it jumped out at me-There are SIX national parks in the Canadian Rockies! SIX! Here’s a list of ‘em:
- Jasper NP where we’ve been the last 3-4 days,
- Banff NP where we’re going tomorrow,
- Kootenay NP where we’re staying for the next 4-5 days
- Yoho NP where we’ll go visit later this week,
- Canada’s Glacier NP not to be confused with our Glacier NP in Montana, and
- Watertown Lakes NP on the US-Canada border
I’ll tell you once thing about Canada and their national parks . . . . . they sure know how to place them in pretty places! To illustrate that, here’s a routine pic taken driving down a road yesterday:
IMHO, the beauty of the Canadian Rockies exceeds that of any mountains I’ve seen in Alaska, Hawaii, or the other 48 states.
Post a Comment